Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Great Flood

Last night's dream had me in some post apocalyptic world, well mid-apocalyptic really. (It could be inspired by the fact that I saw 2012 last week.) I think a big flood was happeneing but not sure if it was caused by something else - like earthquakes or tsumanis or something.

Anyway, my friends and I were trying to get away or get to safety and I remember running through this building that had all these stair cases and ladders and tiny crawl spaces that basically caused a maze we had to navigate. We have to get to the top of the building, and then we somehow got into a huge canoe with about twenty people (I think it might have been an inflatable canoe too). So we are getting ready to go down this hill (or maybe it was a leaning building) and we see this big ark (you know, a really big boat). Also, there is a bunch of water at the bottom of the hill (basically everything is flooded). So the plan is that the canoe will stop by the ark so that my friends (J & A) and I can get into the ark. For some reason we are special because the other people on the canoe are not supposed to get on the ark.

So then the canoe gets going really fast sliding down this hill and doesn't stop at the arc. J, A, and I are yelling "Hey we're supposed to stop!" So then the canoe plunges into the water. Since the canoe is over capacity, some people (including me) are hanging off the edges of the canoe into the water. That's when we notice that there are crocdiles in the water and they are getting close. So then there is a big scene where we are fighting off the crocs and trying to get into the canoe. We are punching the crocs on the tops of their snouts, and then everyone is laying on top of each other in the canoe. I think some people got eaten, but not me or my friends.

So then later we are on a beach. J & I are running along the beach trying to get somewhere. She, of course, can run faster than me. She is running ahead of me with no regard to the fact that I am falling behind. What a jerk!

We finally arrive at the place we were going, and there are a bunch of other survivors there. They are all waiting in line to take a shower. The line for the men's shower is a bunch of naked guys in line in water. So they are all treading water in a line, waiting.

So, I walk around a little bit and see some women waiting in line and then I hear a loud speaker say something that ends with them calling my name. So I start asking everyone around me what the announcement had said. since the only part I caught was my name. I think they said I am supposed to go somewhere to contact someone - like maybe my family is looking for me. But I don't know where to go or exactly what they said. Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment